- Why we need a green economy
- Our goals
- Our solutions
- What next?
- Get involved
- AMEC and Spie pull out of Yusufeli Dam
- Balfour Beatty give up on Ilisu Dam
- Campaign win - 2010 Energy Act
- Carbon pricing victory
- CBI's secrets revealed
- Companies Act 2006
- Money for a greener future
- Shell abandons wildlife prize
- Shell clean up in Durban
- Supermarket bullies forced to back down
- Top retailers go peat-free
Money for a greener future
Friends of the Earth has been leading calls for a new financial institution - a green investment bank.
This would ramp-up investment in green technologies.
And in the March 2010 Budget, the Government committed to setting up a green investment bank.
This is a huge win for Friends of the Earth.
Friends of the Earth will continue working with the financial sector to make sure the Bank is strong, and has a clear focus on renewable energy and energy efficiency.
Get email updates
Sign up for our latest news and ways to get involved