Friends of the Earth Cymru was set up in 1984, 13 years after Friends of the Earth's foundation in the UK in 1971, to campaign in Wales on environmental issues.
Friends of the Earth Cymru:
- is dedicated to protecting the environment and promoting a sustainable future for Wales
- is part of the UK's most influential environmental campaigning organisation
- is part of the most extensive environmental network in the world, with over 75 national organisations across five continents
- supports a unique network of campaigning local groups working in communities across Wales
- is dependent upon individuals for over 90 per cent of its income.
Friends of the Earth Cymru employs four people, mainly based in Cardiff, south Wales:
- Local Groups Development Officer
- Communications Officer
We are also supported by volunteers who are involved in every area of Friends of the Earth's work from general administration to campaigning and research and play a vital role in our success as an organisation.