We meet on the last Tuesday of each month (except August and December), 7.30pm, in the Committee Room at the Friends Meeting House, Clarendon Street NG1 5JD. All welcome. Our membership covers the Greater Nottingham area. Contact details are at www.nottfoe.gn.apc.org/contacts.htm which also has recent newsletters.
For our previous news archive click 'News' below. Recent activities have included:
- Supporting the campaign for a National Bee Action Plan to reverse the decline of bees and other pollinating insects
- Supporting Frack Free Notts opposing the threat of shale gas or coal bed methane extraction threatened in North East Bassetlaw and potentially between Derby and Melton Mowbray
- Supporting Nottingham Pro-Wind Alliance
- Campaigning for Clean British Energy - local renewable energy, not fossil fuels from the Big Six
- Supporting the campaign to defend Sherwood Forest and other woodland against government cuts and privatisation
- Campaigning for our local councils to 'Get Serious' about reducing climate change emissions
- Introducing 'cowmuters' to the Nottingham tram to highlight the threat to rainforests from importing animal feed
- Supporting Nottingham Against Incineration and Landfill (NAIL) in campaigning to oppose expansion of Nottingham's Eastcroft Incinerator
- Campaigning for renewable energy, opposing expansion of aviation, and previous campaigns on biofuels, GM crops, local food, recycling, toxic chemicals, etc
Information on previous campaigns can be found on our old website hosted by GreenNet.
See also our Facebook site for Friends of the Earth - Nottingham.