Thanks to every one of you 1,451 Tipsters who responded to our survey in April 2007.
We crunched the numbers and read all of your comments. We certainly learnt a lot about you and what you want.
Not only are there lots of you, but you're a varied bunch too; from children to environmental campaigners to people living all over the world with different levels of 'greenness'.
Some of you are just starting out on your green journey (welcome and we're glad to have you on board). Others of you are old hands who really know your green stuff!
Enough chat. Here's what you said:
- 8 out of 10 of you like receiving the tip every week day – well, that's clear, we'll carry on as normal.
- Two thirds of you have been subscribing to the Tip of the Day for under six months – welcome to our Tip of the Day family.
- 9 out of 10 said the tips were useful or very useful – aww…thanks.
- 8 out of 10 said you read the tip every day – gosh, you're a committed lot.
- Half of you 'often' take the action suggested by the tip – we think that's pretty good so give yourselves a pat on the back.
You also had lots of great ideas for improving the tip of the day:
- You want more difficult and challenging tips – okay, we'll do our best! But don't say we didn't warn you.
- You don't like the green text and found the design a little boring – hmm, we agree. The wheels are in motion to get you a new-look Tip of the Day.
- You want a forum area to discuss the tips, suggest new ones and meet your fellow tipsters – we like the idea of having one big chatty Tip of the Day gang. Watch this space.
- You said you'd like a list of all past tips – we do this already! It's on the Living website. We'll make the link more prominent so you can find it.
- Lots of you noticed that we recycle the tips - yes, it's true. It's quite hard to think of a new tip every day so we recycle the tips but you won't get the same one more than once a year, and we're adding new tips all the time.
Top of the tips
It made us laugh that so many of you liked the tip about using the inside of a banana peel to clean your shoes. This one's clearly a winner.
A few of the tips sparked some controversy. We'll take a look at the culprits and consider whether we use them again.
Once again, thanks for all you feedback. It was really nice to hear from you.
Discuss tips or suggest your own with like-minded people – log onto our Forum
If you like our tips please forward them to your family, friends and colleagues.