Birmingham debate on High-Speed Rail
Birmingham Friends of the Earth, with Sustainability West Midlands, is holding a public debate on the proposed rapid rail route from London to the Midlands and the North.
The meeting will:
- debate whether the new line will benefit the West Midlands economically and environmentally.
- look at sustainable transport more generally .
When and where
The debate is being held in the Banqueting Suite of Birmingham Council House on Monday 28 March. Doors open at 6pm for a 6:30pm start and the event will finish at 8pm.
How to register
Please register if you'd like to attend, due to venue capacity.
For more details see the event webpage.
The debate will be chaired by Radio 5 and Radio WM presenter Adrian Goldberg, with a panel including:
- Jim Steer, Director of Greengauge 21
- Martin Dyer, vice-chair of the West Midlands Business Transport Group
- Christian Wolmar, railway journalist and commentator
- Michael Geddes, Associate Professor at the Warwick Business School
© Train Chartering & Private Rail Cars