Waste Day Of Action local news
Our Waste Day of Action is on Saturday 19 March. It's our chance to make the Government live up to David Cameron's claim of being "The Greenest Ever".
For the Day of Action, we're asking local groups to do a press stunt showing "David Cameron" cutting a bin-bag in half.
Here's a selection of what groups have planned:
- The Telford group have asked local businesses to get on board, and will be running the stunt in Wellington Town Square at 10am on Saturday 19th.
- The Leicester group will be talking half as much rubbish in Leicester Town Hall Square at 2pm on the same day.
- The Birmingham group are planning to get detailed articles in the local media about halving our waste.
- The Wanstead & Woodford group have been handing out surveys in their community ahead of the day of action.
- The Northampton group will be taking their photo shoot at the Cobblers Last Statue, Abington Street at 4pm, on Saturday 19th.
- The Dudley group are holding the Day of Action on Saturday 26th in Stourbridge, by the town clock between 9.30-12.00.
- The Stroud group will be holding a stall and also take the photo shoot on Saturday 19th, in Stroud High Street from 10am.
Then why not contact these groups to offer your help? Or find out if the group in your area is organising a stunt and offer to help out on the day.
See here for more information on the Day of Action.
How can I find out how the Day of Action went?
Photos of group stunts will be found on our Flickr page.
If you're involved in a stunt, don't forget to send any press clippings, photos and weblinks to Becky Slater.