- About us
- Get involved
- Quarry tax outcome
- Wind farm for north coast
- North Down Dump on Scotland
- Written warning over pollution laws
- Northern Ireland in the dock
- Strangford Lough saved?
- GM maize approved
- Legal wranglings over illegal waste
- Europe issues legal warning
- Strangford trawling ban extended
- Water Service pollutes salmon river
- See you in court!
- Environmental governance inquiry gets underway
- Environment review moving fast
- EPA denied
- Belfast says No to incinerator
- Belfast makes waves for climate justice
- Planning and the climate challenge
- An evening well spent with Michael Meacher
- Green housing plan launched
- Tell world leaders to turn down the heat
- Mexican stand-off
- NI Water must not be immune from the law.
- People Power for Positive Planning
- Friends of the Earth launches its first plastic bag
- Assembly end of term report - must do better
- Activism Gathering 2011
- What do you think of the planning system?
- Green No Deal?
- A vision for the Programme for Government
- Come to a screening of 'Gasland'
- Plan it!
What do you think of the planning system?
Have you ever watched some monstrous carbuncle be built and think to yourself, 'how did they ever get planning permission for that?' The Friends of the Earth Northern Ireland team keep asking the same question.
We've witnessed out-of-town shopping destroy town centres; iconic sites threatened by developments; and the steady suburbanisation of the countryside.
Northern Ireland has the dubious distinction of having more single dwellings built in the countryside than England, Wales and Scotland combined.
Something has gone wrong with the planning system and we plan to fix it.
We are launching a new planning campaign. The first phase will be gathering evidence. We want to hear people's stories of
- battling with planners
- inappropriate developments going ahead
- developers being a little too friendly with politicians.
You can also download the questionnaire and fill it in offline.
Your questionnaire will be treated with the strictest confidence.
We need your help to fix Northern Ireland's broken planning system.