The Bee Cause for Educators
Do you work with children and young people?
Would you like to inspire future generations to act on Britain's environmental issues?
With Friends of the Earth's unique bees education resource, you can run interesting and informative sessions about the key issues affecting Britain's rapidly declining bee population.
All the resources are free and suitable for primary school children (infant and junior). The card games can also be used with young people of secondary school age.
For more information about working with young people or any of these resources, please visit the Youth & Education network's website.
- Download our bees education pack (A4 booklet)
- Download our card game (instructions for how to play are in the A4 booklet)
If you'd prefer to receive the above in the post, please email [email protected] including your name and postal address.
More downloadable resources
The bees education pack also refers to additional online resources:
- Fact Cards: an optional extra for the assembly/talk
- A4 playing cards for introducing the ecosystem games to a class
- Blank playing cards so the children can make their own
A4 Flower Pictures to use in the infant games
- Custom make your Bee-friendly plants recording sheet
- Instructions on how to create a unique Bee Hotel
- The Royal Horticultural Society’s list of potentially harmful plants
- More information about creating bee-friendly spaces and meadow areas
- A more detailed bee-friendly survey is on the Bee Scene website