Is it better to buy recycled or virgin paper?
Always buy recycled paper. 100% post consumer waste is the best.
Virgin paper is usually from pulped wood. Recycled paper is partly or wholly from re-used paper products.
Recycled paper production:
- reduces the amount of waste going to landfill
- uses less timber
- uses much less energy than virgin paper
Both jobs and the economy would benefit from increased paper recycling.
- Reduce - use e-mail when possible
- Reuse - print on both sides
- Recycle - use local recycling facilities
WRAP has more information on recycled paper production.