Friends of the Earth Hackney and Tower Hamlets are holding a free environment-focused public meeting (hustings) with the candidates for the North-East seat on the London Assembly. The London Assembly plays a vital role in holding the mayor to account. You can find out more about their work here.
The North-East seat covers Hackney, Waltham Forest and Tower Hamlets.
On the panel:
- Terry Stacy, Liberal Democrats
- Sam Malik, Conservative
- Jeanette Arnold, Labour (incumbent)
- Freddy Vachha, UK Independence Party
- Samir Jeraj, Green Party
- Bill Martin, Socialist Workers Party
Come along and ask them to hold the next mayor to account on environmental issues, such as:
- Reducing dangerous air pollution in London
- Improving cycle safety
- Supporting community green energy projects
- Protecting our bees and butterflies
Saturday, 23 April 2016, 5pm-7.30pm
St Matthias Centre, 101 Dalston Lane, London E8 1NH - View Map
How to register
The event is free but please take a moment to register for tickets via Eventbrite
We hope to see you there!