More than a hundred groups demand a sustainable energy future
Friends of the Earth brought together 107 civil society groups to demand more from the Sustainable Energy for All initiative (SE4All).
A broad coalition of environmental, development, labour, women's and indigenous groups, as well as energy practitioners groups put their demands in a statement.
What are their demands?
Their demands are simple:
- For governments and the UN to support a more ambitious, accountable and people-driven SE4All.
- That the needs of people and planet are put before the interests of big business.
To really make a difference to climate change and poverty, SE4All must::
- Support a new energy model
- Ensure access to clean, safe, affordable and renewable energy
- Include the voices of those most affected
- Consult civil society groups
You can read more about the demands in the statement here.