Save Britain's bees. Donate to get your Bee Saver Kit now.
Our bees are dying out fast and a huge reason for this is the loss of their natural habitat. They've lost 97% of their grassland habitats in the past 60 years. But disaster can be averted.
Right now, people are working together to help create bee-friendly spaces all over the country - and you can too.
Simply make a donation to Friends of the Earth today and we'll send you a Bee Saver Kit, packed with everything you need to fight for our buzzy little friends.Make a donation
What's in the kit?
A beautiful pack of wildflower seeds and simple information for you to easily create your own bee haven.
These also make a great gift for a friend.
Learn how you can save bees where you live.
British wildflower seeds
Grow bee food.
See which species of bees are visiting you.
Find flowers bees love.
...all wrapped up in a handy Bee Cause folder to keep everything organised.
Why bees matter.
Bees pollinate flowers, plants and crops that support other species (including humans). Without bees, our economy and the future wellbeing of our children and grandchildren would be at risk.
That's why it's so worrying that 20 bee species have become extinct in the UK since 1900 and a further 35 are on the threatened species list.
Three reasons Britain's bees need your help today:
- The loss of habitat is the most pressing problem facing British bees: 97% of our vital grasslands have been lost in the past 60 years.
- Bees pollinate 75% of our main food crops worldwide, including some of our favourite produce like apples, strawberries and tomatoes.
- Scientists estimate that it would cost over £1.8 billion every single year to pollinate UK crops by hand.
How we're helping.
- Planting new wildflower spaces to provide food and shelter.
- Educating young people about the importance of bees.
- Coordinating the efforts of Britain's Bee Savers.