Friends of the Earth Trust
- the protection and improvement of the environment
- a good life for everyone who lives on our planet
- a green economy that respects the limits of the natural world.
We do this by showing how we can solve environmental problems through:
Friends of the Earth Trust sees things differently, sharing its mission, vision and values with Friends of the Earth Limited.
Our charitable objects
1. The advancement of education for the public benefit and, in particular, the advancement of education in ecology, natural history, resource conservation, sustainable development and environment studies.
2. The conservation, protection and sustainable use for the public benefit of the earth's natural environment, including bio-diversity, atmosphere, water, land and natural resources.
3. The promotion of sustainable development for the benefit of the public by:
- the preservation, conservation and the protection of the environment and the prudent use of natural resources
- conducting or commissioning research and publishing the results of such research.
'Sustainable development' means improving the quality of life while living within the carrying capacity of supporting ecosystems and the natural environment.
- Climate change
Winning the world’s first Climate Change Act
- Ground breaking research
From factory farming fueling climate change, to green energy keeping the lights on
- Rights & Justice Centre
Winning high-profile cases to benefit the environment.
Constitution, accounts and annual return
The Board of Friends of the Earth Trust states the charity complies, where relevant, with CC10 The Hallmarks of an Effective Charity - the guidance given by the Charity Commission.
Friends of the Earth Trust complies, where relevant, with Good Governance: a Code for the Voluntary and Community Sector as set out by The National Hub of Expertise in Governance.